24 Hour Salad Recipe
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pitted white cherries
- 2 cups quartered marshmallows
- 2 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
step 1: In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks, sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, and reserved juice from the pineapple tidbits. Cook and stir constantly until thick. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
step 2: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
step 3: Fold the whipped cream, cherries, marshmallows, pineapple and oranges into egg yolk mixture. Chill for 24 hours. Garnish top with extra chopped oranges and maraschino cherries if desired.