Acorn Squash with Apricot Glaze Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash (1 pound each)
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 medium apricots, sliced or 1 peach, peeled and sliced (2/3 cup)
- 1 peach, peeled and sliced (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
step 1: Halve squash lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 2-quart rectangular microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 12 to 16 minutes or until just tender, giving dish a half-turn once.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine apple and apricot slices, nectar, honey, and nutmeg. Turn squash over, cut side up. Spoon fruit mixture into squash cavities. Dot with margarine or butter. Microwave, covered with waxed paper, for 4 to 7 minutes or until fruit is hot. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired.