Adobo Chicken with Ginger Recipe
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh ginger root
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tablespoon black peppercorns
step 1: Combine the chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and peppercorns in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes, basting the chicken occasionally. After 30 minutes, remove lid and cook until liquid has reduced to half.
step 2: Remove chicken from the pot to a serving plate. Strain the liquid from the pot to remove all the food particles, and set aside. Serve chicken hot over steamed rice and drizzle with reserved sauce.