Albondigas Sinaloenses Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice
- fresh mint or spearmint
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground sirloin
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh mint or spearmint, minced
step 1: In a large stock pot, cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent. Stir in tomato sauce, water, rice, mint, and salt, and bring to a low boil.
step 2: Meanwhile, combine ground sirloin with tomatoes, 2 tablespoons diced onion, egg white, mint, and salt and pepper. Form into small balls, and place in boiling liquid. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, or until meat is cooked and rice is tender.