Almond Chicken Casserole II Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup crushed cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
step 1: In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute onion and celery until soft.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: Combine the chicken, rice, onion and celery in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Stir in mayonnaise and soup, then almonds. Top with crushed cornflakes and 2 tablespoons butter.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until golden brown.