Almost Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
step 1: In a large skillet, brown beef; drain. Set beef aside and keep warm.
step 2: In the same skillet, combine water, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
step 3: Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in beef; return to the stove and heat through.