Aloha Trail Mix Recipe
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups walnut or pecan halves
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 cups bite-size squares crisp corn, rice or whole-grain wheat cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried papaya spears, diced
- 1 cup dried banana chips (optional)
step 1: Combine teriyaki sauce, oil, sugar and ginger in large mixing bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in walnuts until thoroughly coated. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add almonds, cereal and coconut. Toss together to combine and coat with sauce; turn out onto large shallow baking pan, spreading pieces out evenly.
step 2: Bake in 225 degrees F oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir gently. Bake 18 minutes longer. Remove from oven; stir mixture gently. Let stand in pan on wire rack until thoroughly cool. Stir in papaya and banana chips. Store tightly sealed in large plastic resealable food storage bag.