Amelia's Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound country style pork ribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 roasted chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ (10 fluid ounce) bottle steak sauce
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
step 1: Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the ribs on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker. Place onion in the skillet, cook until tender, and transfer to the slow cooker.
step 2: Place the chicken in the slow cooker, and mix in tomatoes, ketchup, steak sauce, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon, chicken bouillon, and pepper.
step 3: Cover, and cook 6 hours on High. Remove ribs, discard bones, and shred. Return meat to slow cooker. Mix in corn and lima beans, cover, and continue cooking 2 hours on High.