America's Best Buffet Casserole Recipe
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package au gratin instant potato mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package cocktail wieners, sliced lengthwise
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cubed cooked ham
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Spread the dried potatoes in the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of sausages. Mix together the condensed soup, milk and butter; pour over the ingredients in the dish. Layer in the cheddar cheese, cubed ham and mushrooms. Dot with cream cheese cubes, and sprinkle with dried chives.
step 3: Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle the French fried onions over the top, and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until browned.