American-Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- 1 cup cubed Genoa salami
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
step 1: In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water, and drain.
step 2: In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian dressing mix. Whisk together until smooth, set aside.
step 3: In a large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, salami, green onions, celery and parsley. Mix in dressing last, reserving 1/2 cup. Let sit overnight in fridge. Stir before serving. Add extra dressing if pasta appears dry.