Andy's Barbeque Pork Recipe
- 10 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- 2 yellow onions, quartered
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 cups Burgundy wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
step 1: Thoroughly rub pork shoulder roast with black pepper, cayenne pepper and barbeque sauce. Place on a medium baking sheet. Chill uncovered in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
step 2: Preheat an outdoor smoker to a temperature of 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
step 3: Place onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, burgundy wine, black pepper and cayenne pepper in the water pan of the smoker. Cover with enough water to make approximately a gallon of liquid in the pan. Place pan in the smoker.
step 4: Center pork over water pan in the prepared smoker. Smoke 6 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).