Angel Hair Pasta Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink). Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
step 2: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or until al dente; drain and set aside.
step 3: While pasta is cooking, heat 2nd tablespoon oil over medium heat in same skillet used for chicken. Stir fry carrots for about 4 minutes, then add broccoli and garlic and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Finally, stir in broth, basil and cheese and return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 4 minutes.
step 4: Place drained pasta in a large serving bowl. Top with chicken/vegetable mixture and serve immediately.