Ann's Sister's Meatloaf Recipe Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl combine the beef, eggs, crumbs, ketchup, MSG, water and soup mix. Mix well and spoon mixture into loaf pan. Cover with 2 strips of bacon, then cover with tomato sauce.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.