Apple, Pear and Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, for topping
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: In 8-inch square baking dish, combine pie filling, pears and cranberries. In measuring cup, mix orange juice with cornstarch and nutmeg; pour into baking dish. Gently mix to blend thoroughly.
step 3: In bowl, mix baking mix, milk, sugar and butter just to blend; spoon onto fruit in 6 equal portions, spacing slightly apart. Sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg mixture.
step 4: Bake in center of oven 45 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and biscuit topping is cooked through. Part of the way through the baking, lay a sheet of aluminum foil on top to prevent over-browning, if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature. Accompany with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.