Apple-Glazed Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 large cloves garlic, halved
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions with tops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Tomato roses
step 1: Place brisket, onion, garlic and cloves in large Dutch oven. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Drain brisket, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
step 2: To prepare glaze, combine apple jelly, wine, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper and curry powder in small saucepan and heat until jelly melts, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Place brisket in shallow roasting pan. Brush with glaze and heat in 325 degree oven 45 minutes, basting frequently with glaze.
step 4: Place brisket on heated serving platter and garnish with parsley and tomato roses. Carve brisket into thin slices and serve with remaining glaze.