Apple-a-Day Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Red Delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine or apple cider
- Garnishes: rosemary sprig and apple slices
step 1: COAT both sides of pork chops evenly with cooking spray.
step 2: COMBINE rosemary, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture evenly on both sides of pork; set aside.
step 3: COOK apple, raisins, and currants in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup wine, stirring constantly, until most liquid is evaporated. Add remaining wine, and cook 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
step 4: COOK pork chops in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until done. Top with apple mixture. Garnish, if desired.