Apple Cranberry Crisp Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted shortening and water to form a crumbly mixture.
step 3: In a large saucepan, mix together the cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Stir in the apples. Spread into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Crumble the oat mixture over the apples.
step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Serve warm.