Apple Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 ¼ pounds Pippin apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) Position oven rack in the bottom third of the oven.
step 2: In a medium bowl, toss together the dried cranberries, sugar, flour and allspice. Mix in the apples, brandy and vanilla. Place bottom crust into a 9 inch round pie pan so that it hangs 1 inch over the edges. Pour filling into the crust and cover with top crust. Seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top using a small knife.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden.