Apple Cranberry Streussel Pie Recipe
- Pastry for a single crust 9-inch pie
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sliced, cored, peeled Granny Smith or other baking apples
- Streussel Topping:
- 1/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful***
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons cold stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
step 1: Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edge.
step 2: Combine 1 cup Equal(r) Spoonful* and cornstarch in small saucepan; stir in cranberries and apple cider. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
step 3: Combine 1/4 cup Equal(r) Spoonful**, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; sprinkle over apples in large bowl and toss to coat. Pour cranberry mixture over apples and mix gently. Arrange fruit in pie pastry; sprinkle Streusel Topping over fruit.
step 4: For Streusel Topping, combine oats, flour, 1/2 cup Equal(r) Spoonful***, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit in pie pastry.
step 5: Bake pie in preheated 400 degrees F oven until pastry is golden and apples are tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Cover pie loosely with aluminum foil during last 20 to 30 minutes of baking time to prevent overbrowning. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.