Apple Fritters I Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
- 4 large apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
step 1: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until smooth.
step 2: Heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed deep pot or skillet.
step 3: Slice apples into 1/2 inch rings. Dip apple slices in batter and fry, a few at a time, turning once, until golden. Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners' sugar.