Apple Oatmeal Cookies II Recipe
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
step 2: In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
step 3: Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.