Apple Topaz Candies Recipe
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
step 1: In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Toss apple pieces in the mixture until well coated.
step 2: In the top of a double boiler, combine the caramel candies and water. Heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Place walnuts onto a tray.
step 3: Using a fork or toothpick, dip apple pieces into the caramel, then drop them into the walnuts. Roll them around until coated. Place onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.