Apple Yam Casserole Recipe
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 slices lemon, thinly sliced
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
step 2: In the casserole dish, alternately layer the sweet potatoes and apples.
step 3: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together brown sugar, 1/3 cup water, cinnamon, raisins, butter and salt. Cook 5 minutes.
step 4: In a small bowl, stir together remaining water and flour. Combine with the brown sugar mixture. Pour over the sweet potatoes and apples. Place the lemon slices on top.
step 5: Bake covered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and apples are tender.