Apricot-Almond Bruschetta with Melted Brie Recipe
- 8 ounces Brie, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf baguette-style French bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
step 1: Cut bread diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stir together olive oil, garlic, and rosemary; lightly brush mixture over one side of each bread slice. Grill bread directly over medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp and light brown, turning once.
step 2: Combine preserves and lemon peel. Spread preserve mixture onto the oiled side of the toasted bread slices; top with Brie and almonds. Return slices to the grill. Grill about 3 minutes or until heated through and cheese begins to melt. Serve warm.