Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/8 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
step 2: Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
step 3: Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.