Arroz con Pollo II Recipe
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch saffron
- salt to taste
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, roasted and sliced
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute chicken until lightly browned; remove from skillet and set aside.
step 2: Saute onion, garlic and green bell pepper until soft; stir in tomato sauce, saffron, salt and bouillon and return chicken pieces to skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, then add rice and reduce heat to low.
step 3: Add beer and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Finally, stir in peas with liquid and garnish with roasted red bell pepper.