Asian-German Fusion Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup cooked, cubed ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: Place the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water, and cook about 10 minutes. Stir in the frozen mixed vegetables, and continue cooking 10 to 12 minutes, until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Cut potatoes while still hot, into 1 inch pieces. Set aside to cool.
step 2: Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Place the onion in the skillet, and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until tender.
step 3: In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, hot sauce, wasabi powder, ginger, and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper.
step 4: Toss the cooled potato and vegetable mixture with the onions, mayonnaise mixture, ham, and cilantro until evenly coated. Chill until serving.