Asian Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta
- 5 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 carrots, sliced diagonally
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place in large bowl with chicken.
step 2: In large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook carrots with 1/4 teaspoon salt until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove carrots, place in bowl with chicken and pasta. Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok and cook mushrooms with 1/4 teaspoon salt until tender, 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and place in bowl.
step 3: Add 2 more tablespoons oil to wok, stir-fry broccoli, cauliflower and onion until coated with oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water, cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes, until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables with slotted spoon and toss with pasta and chicken.
step 4: Mix in green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil, adjusting soy and sesame to taste. Serve warm or cold.