Asparagus Rolantina Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 5 (1/2 ounce) slices prosciutto
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lower asparagus into the water, and cook for 1 minute, 2 minutes if the spears are thick.
step 3: Lay one slice of meat on a plate. Layer a slice of cheese on top of the slice of meat. Place 3 to 4 asparagus spears at one end of the cheese and meat, and sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Roll the cheese and meat up over the asparagus, and secure with a toothpick. Place asparagus rolls in a casserole dish. Once all of the asparagus rolls have been arranged in the casserole dish, pour melted butter over the entire dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
step 4: Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crumb mixture has formed a crust over the asparagus rolls.