Asparagus Spears with Mushroom-Almond Topping Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, undrained
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
step 1: In large skillet, heat asparagus; drain.
step 2: In small saucepan, combine margarine, mushrooms, almonds, basil and pepper until heated. Remove spears from skillet with spatula.
step 3: Place on warm serving platter. Pour mushroom mixture over spears. Serve immediately.