Asparagus with Parmesan Crust Recipe
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
step 2: Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Arrange asparagus spears in a single layer. Spread Parmesan cheese over asparagus, and season with freshly ground black pepper.
step 3: Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and asparagus is tender but crisp. Serve immediately on warm plates, sprinkling with balsamic vinegar to taste.