Aunt Mary's Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 16 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
step 2: In a large serving bowl place a thin layer of 1/2 of the listed ingredients. Begin with the lettuce followed by onion, cauliflower, cheese, bacon and peas. Repeat.
step 3: Top the salad with mayonnaise and garnish with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon.