Aunt Peg's Chowder Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 pound zucchini, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and saute onion until tender and lightly browned.
step 3: In a medium baking dish, mix onion, zucchini, garbanzo beans with liquid, tomatoes with liquid, wine, butter, garlic, basil, and bay leaf.
step 4: Cover, and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes. Uncover, stir, and continue baking 30 minutes.
step 5: Stir heavy cream, Monterey Jack cheese, and Romano cheese into the vegetable mixture, and continue baking 10 minutes, until cheeses are melted and bubbly.