Autumn Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
step 1: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, boil the pineapple and sugar 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Stir in the cream cheese. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
step 2: Gently fold the apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping into the mixture. Transfer to a 9x9 inch square pan. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm.