Avocado and Green Chile Soup Recipe
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnish suggestions: ORTEGA SALSA PRIMA - Homestyle, chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: PLACE avocados and onion in food processor or blender; cover. Process until onion is coarsely chopped.
step 2: COMBINE broth and half-and-half in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Stir in avocado mixture, chiles, cumin, garlic salt and white pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Ladle into bowls. Garnish as desired.