Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Spring Rolls Recipe
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup shredded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shiitake mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 1 ounce cooked crabmeat, diced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 spring roll wrappers
step 1: Heat 1 quart oil in a wok over medium high heat.
step 2: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cabbage, carrots, cucumber, onion, green onion, shiitake mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Slowly cook and stir until all vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
step 3: Stir chicken, crabmeat and Chinese five-spice powder into the cabbage mixture. Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, then stir it into the mixture. Remove from heat.
step 4: Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cabbage and chicken mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers. Fold wrappers, and seal the edges with moistened fingers.
step 5: Carefully lower spring rolls into the heated quart of oil. Deep fry approximately 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Cut in half to serve.