- 2 pounds ground beef (85 percent lean)
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 small onion with top chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
step 1: Soak bread in milk in mixing bowl; stir in sour cream. Sprinkle salt, seasoned salt, oregano and pepper over ground beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
step 2: Add seasoned ground beef, celery leaves, parsley and onion to sour cream mixture and mix well. Using a 1/4 cup measure, divide beef mixture into 12 mounds.
step 3: Place six mounds lightly on a greased rack of the broiler pan leaving space between each mound. Enclose each cube of cream cheese between 2 apricot halves. Place filled apricots over the beef mounds. Top each with a second beef mound and shape into a dome. Stud the 6 domes with slivered almonds in spiral pattern.
step 4: Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.