Shrimp Creole I Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh red chile pepper (optional)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 pounds medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
step 1: In a dry frying pan, heat flour; stirring constantly over medium heat about five minutes or until brown. Mix butter or margarine into browned flour. Stir in tomato paste, onion, salt, chile pepper, stock, bay leaves, thyme, and parsley. Simmer for approximately twenty minutes.
step 2: Add shrimp; cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until shrimp have all turned pink.