Green Curry Thai for Kings Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 stalks lemon grass
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, torn
step 1: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the shallots, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil 3 to 4 minutes, until shallots are tender. Mix in the green curry paste. Cook and stir 1 minute. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and place the chicken and lemon grass in the skillet. Cook 5 minutes, until chicken begins to brown. Mix in the baby corn and water chestnuts. Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
step 2: Mix the coconut milk into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the coconut milk has thickened. Top with basil leaves to serve.