Reese's® Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Tassies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 ounce) package REESE'S® Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
step 1: Beat 3/4 cup butter and cream cheese in medium bowl; add flour and 1/4 cup sugar, beating until well blended. Cover; refrigerate about one hour or until dough is firm. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; press each ball onto bottom and up sides of about 36 small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in diameter).
step 2: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine egg, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla in small bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup chips; add remainder to egg mixture. Evenly fill muffin cups with chip mixture.
step 3: Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned. Cool completely; remove from pan to wire rack.
step 4: Combine reserved 1/3 cup chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Drizzle over tops of tassies.