Baked Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 slice bread, cubed
step 1: In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. or 3-qt. baking dish.
step 2: Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve in bowls.