Baked Chicken with Apple Stuffing Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 cups apple juice, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- 1 Red Delicious apple - peeled, cored and diced
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Pour the milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish or on a plate. Dip the chicken breast halves into the milk, then into the egg, then press into the bread crumbs to coat. Place on a plate, and set aside.
step 3: Prepare the stuffing mix according to the package directions, but substituting apple juice for the water. When bringing the juice and butter to a boil, add the diced apple with peel to the pan. Stir in the stuffing mix until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer the stuffing to a baking dish, and top with the pieces of the remaining apple. Place the chicken breasts on top of the stuffing, and cover with aluminum foil.
step 4: Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.