Baked Chile Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ALBER'S® Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (4 ounce) cans ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Salsa (any flavor), divided
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Tortilla chips, assorted crackers and/or sliced baguette
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F. Heavily grease bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan. Combine corn meal and chili powder; sprinkle over bottom and side of prepared pan.
step 2: BEAT cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and cumin in large mixer bowl until smooth; stir in chiles and 1/2 cup green onion. Pour half of batter into pan. Spoon 1 cup salsa over top of batter; sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese over salsa. Spread remaining batter over top of cheese.
step 3: BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove side of springform pan. Spread remaining salsa over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese and green onion. Serve with tortilla chips.