Baked Cinnamon Applesauce Recipe
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 pounds Royal Gala or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
step 1: Grate peel of orange and lemon. Place in 3-quart glass or non- corrosive casserole with cover. Squeeze juice from orange and lemon; add to grated peel in casserole. Add apples, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to combine.
step 2: Cover with casserole lid. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 1-1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let stand covered 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid. Stir to break up apples. Stir in Equal(r).
step 3: Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, several hours before serving.