Baked Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (2.8 ounce) package French-fried onions, divided
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
step 2: Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent.
step 3: In a large bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Stir in whole kernel corn, creamed corn, chile peppers, and onions. Pour into prepared dish.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in half of the fried onions; sprinkle remaining onions on top. Bake 15 minutes more.