Baked Fish Dinner For Two Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 leek, bulb only, chopped
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into thin 3 inch long slices
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley or fennel, for garnish
step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil a shallow, 2 quart baking dish.
step 2: In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Spread potatoes in baking dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover, and bake for 15 minutes.
step 3: Combine bell peppers, leek, zucchini, and celery in a medium bowl. Toss with garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil,. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables over potatoes, add another 1/4 cup water, and cover. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
step 4: Rinse, and cut fish into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes, and spread over vegetables. Cover. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Serve with tomato and parsley or fennel garnish.