Baked Halibut Steaks Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
step 3: Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
step 4: Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.