Baked Ham with Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned red jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds cooked boneless ham
step 1: For salsa, in a large bowl combine pineapple, apple, oranges, basil, onion, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, cumin, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 48 hours.
step 2: Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. If desired, score the top in a diamond pattern. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F
step 3: To serve, slice ham. Pass the salsa with ham. Makes 12 servings.