Baked Havarti Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chili peppers, drained, and sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces sliced Havarti cheese with dill
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Marinate chicken in Italian dressing and Greek seasoning in a bowl, at least 30 minutes.
step 3: Place chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with additional Greek seasoning.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
step 5: Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling. Pour in wine, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt; bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Seasoning mixture with salt.
step 6: Arrange green chili peppers lengthwise and Havarti cheese on top of chicken. Return to the oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Top chicken with mushrooms and pan juices.