Baked Linguine with Meat Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
step 1: COOK beef and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set mixture aside.
step 2: COOK pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
step 3: STIR together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over pasta. Top with meat sauce.
step 4: BAKE at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with a salad and bread, if desired.